Save a Life with LifeVac
The LifeVac is a non-powered single patient portable suction device developed for resuscitating an aspirating victim when the standard protocol has been followed without success. The negative pressure generated by the force of the suction is 3 times greater than the highest recorded abdominal thrusts. The duration of suction is minimal so LifeVac is safe and effective.
LifeVac – 25 Lives Saved
A leading cause of death in children
• 4,000 deaths yearly
• One child dies every 5 days from choking
• Leads to 100,000 visits to the ER yearly
• Over 100 million Americans have no defense against aspiration emergencies due to pregnancy, disability, obesity, or being alone
• More people die from aspirating than die in fires, drowning or accidental shootings
• A leading cause of accidental deaths in persons over the age of 65
Time is of the Essence
• 0-4 minutes: Brain damage unlikely
• 4-6 minutes: Brain damage possible
• 6-10 minutes: Brain damage probable
• 10 minutes +: Probably brain death
• Average emergency response time is 7 to 12 minutes
• Of all choking deaths in 2000, 41% caused by food, 59% by nonfood items (balloons, etc)
• Candy is associated with 19% ER visits for aspiration emergencies – 65% due to hard candy and 35% gummy bears, chocolate, caramel, etc.
• Coins were responsible for 18% of ER visits for children age 1 to 4 years
How to Purchase with our Promo-code:
Order and receive a $10.00 discount when you use promo-code: 1stAid
Go to www.lifevac.net at check out, enter our promo-code. $10.00 will be deducted from your total.
For bulk or corporate orders, contact us at 516-972-2832.